Monday, December 04, 2006

The rules are:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that “cool” or “intellectual” book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest

so I have a whole stack of books next to me and the one I grabbed might be the nerdiest book I own.... but here it is
"Rosie and Nimrod rubbed their flanks.
Alyosha and Jean-Pierre have lost their luggage.

Singular antecedents joined by or or nor take a pronoun that's also singular.
Neither Nimbus nor Quercus will present his rosebud to the queen." -The Deluxe Transitive Vampire: the ultimate Handbook of Grammar for the Innocent, the Eager, and the Doomed by Karen gordon...

yep. I'm a geek

No comments: