Monday, January 02, 2006

ok, so, I had a really weird thing happen today. I am still recovering from it. I was in target looking at candles. there was a little girl (later I would find out that she is 12) and her mom looking at candles also. well the mom was looking at candles but the little girl was looking at me. it wasn't the way most ppl look at me, ya know like I am weird or something. she was studying my like there was going to be a test once she got out of the store. after a few mins the girl said "Mom, can I dye my hair?" to which the mother quickly replied "NO!" the girl went back to looking at me some more. then she said "well then can I get a tatoo?" the mother's reply was "Have you gone crazy? of course you can't get a tatoo. you are only 12!"
the girl stood there for a min looking like she might cry soon and then she said "I'm almost a teenager, I just want to look cool like her" she was pointing to me. her mom looked at me, and then drug her to the other end of the candle aisle as if being another few feet away I wouldn't be able to hear their conversation. the mom said "you don't want to be like her. she can't be any older than 16 or 17, and she has 2 kids. she probably had to drop out of high school because she got pregnant by some boy who doesn't even like her. she isn't cool at all, she is probably a depressed drug addict"
WHAT THE CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wanted to say so much, but I didn't say anything. I just walked away with my yummy rasberry candle and my little ppl. I wanted to scream at her and tell her that she really shouldn't make assumtions about ppl. I wanted to tell her that I was 25, I graduated in the top 5 percent of my class, that I had been off drugs for almost 5 and a half years, that my kids have a dad that loves them very much..... but I didn't. I wanted to tell her that I wouldn't look anything like this if I were all the things she thought I was, but I just took my candle and left.

so my question is, what did you think about me the first time you saw me?

No comments: