Friday, February 25, 2005

Here they go again

Okay so while hanging out online today I came across something that was troubleing to me... basically it is the purpose driven life for infants and toddlers... First off let me say I have no problem with Rick Warren or Saddleback church... I do believe God is using Saddleback in huge wasys out in CA and hope to get to visit saddleback when I am in CA later this year... but all this purpose driven CRAP is going to far... the basic idea behing the whole thing is a good one, but now many ppl, non-Christan and Christian alike, see it all as a marketing ploy... really, would it have been so bad if they had stopped after the first book? okay I admit that I haven't read all of every book, I read most of one and glanced at the others, but I think that once you have the basic idea of what they are saying you can apply it to all aspects of your life and minisrty without having to buy and read all 19 billion books to make sure you are doing it right... maybe someone who has read all the books could tell me if I am wrong... this just seems like a never ending thing... I mean where will it stop? do we really need purpose driven house cleaning and purpose driven reading of purpose driven books? maybe somethings have a purpose that is easiy enough to figure out and we really don't need a book to tell us... and maybe there are some things in life that have no purpose at all... Purpose Driven Dust Bunnies anyone?

5 comments:

Jedi Master Deba Sing said...

Are we going to have any girly group this Tuesday? I was just wanting to see if everyone in my circle of friends hates me now.

Ruby Anne said...

i need girly group. i would like to meet your family members. if they don't hate me.

mistic_mommy said...

girly group tuesday sounds good... (maybe we can do a little something special then?) and I don't hate you

Jedi Master Deba Sing said...

Roo, was that question for me? If so, I am sure that they don't hate you, because they know nothing about "the incident" ;) (other than the fact that I was pretty down for a while today). Also, they are going home Tuesday morning-ish. I am in need some girly interaction with no squishies or hubbies around, especially since we are all sick. Oh yeah, and I don't hate anybody {except people who run stop signs/lights ;) }.

Ruby Anne said...

lisa i will take you up on that offer to pick me up for church. what time can i expect you?