Tuesday, January 16, 2007

i was talking to my friend and she said I cand be one of 2 ppl at this point. both are ppl that come from stories so I will tell both stories...

the first is sad.... a friend of my friends is a something (dean maybe) at a college in CA. a student just transfered there this semester (a couple weeks ago) and was excited to be there, it was his dream come true. last Thursday night, he was hanging out with some other students watching The Office, during a commercial they were chatting the guys leaned back in his chair, feel, broke his neck and died instantly.

the second story is hopeful, but scary... a 5 yr old boy woke up, opened a window, and stumbled out onto the fire escape. he ended up falling and grabbing onto the edge. he was dangling 5 stories in the air, hanging on to the edge of a the fire escape. 2 guys saw him and got underneath him and when the kid finally let go they caught him. he was unharmed except for a few scratches.

so I could be the person that dies suddenly and senselessly, or I could be the person who gets saved by seemingly random passers-by... I don't think god is kind enough to let me die, even a senseless death. but right now I feel like I am hanging from the fire escape and about to fall, but i' m just not sure there is anyone that is going to be there to catch me...... is there another option? isn't there something else?

2 comments:

Angie said...

You're in my thoughts and prayers. If there's anything I can do, please let me know.

'neice said...

I keep re-reading that last paragraph and remember asking myself some similar questions and I wish I had an answer for you other than hold on. And I do know that is easy for ME to say and it is so hard to do...but I know you can do it!