Monday, January 15, 2007

knitting

so, a couple months ago I took up knitting. I never thought I would get into it, but apperantly I was wrong... It is so freaking addictive. It is kinda therapeutic too. with the recent increase in free time in my life, I have been doing a couple different projects, one of them is a blanket. It feels like it is going to take forever to finish but I am ok with that right now. I'm making it for a friend and it is so much fun to work on. every time I pick it up I am flooded with memories of this friend, things we've done together, conversations we've had.... it's fun. When the blanket is finally done it will be so fun to see it. It will be so much more than just a blanket, it will contain our entire friendship, all the laughter and tears. It really reminds me that our lives are knitted together. not just mine and this friends, but all of our lives. I think it is cool. and as I make this blanket I occasionally pray for my friend, when I have the energy to do it. funny how praying can take so much energy....

1 comment:

Angie said...

I don't know how to knit, but I crochet alot. I love it and you're right, it's very theraputic. I made 2 scarves Sun., one for Gracie and one for me. And I started working on a blanket for Gracie's bed. Plus, I have requests for 2 more. Looks like we're both gonna be busy for awhile! Have fun!