Tuesday, March 08, 2005

just cuz I feel like reliving the horror...

Dec 2003...

Friday night we met up at the church to leave.... there where 8 kids and 3 adults mydelf being the only female..... I rode with L because I didn't know him and everyone else did... the first thing he says to me as we start the hour drive to the retreat place is "Do you know what you are getting into?" now at this point I thought I knew at least a couple of the kids pretty well, but what was to come I could have never expected.... L and I chatted for the next hour about the kids, life, and pretty much all the things that should be chatted about when you meet someone and 5 mins later get in the car with them.... we arrive at CH.... all the kids are still in one peice and we retrive out lugage from the van got settled and M and I left to get pizza.... upon arriving back the fun began... it was really all girls wanting to be the center of attnetion, but it sucked because they made the rest of the weekend HARD.... there was ODing on meds for depression and anxiety, there was running off into the woods, and there was just in general insanity all weekend long.... I didn't sleep at all and I had to take finals monday morning.... Sunday morning Finally came and we loaded up in the van and went home.... so sunday night I finally got to go home and sleep a bit... Monday morning came... I took my first final and then went to sit in the courtyard.... I wanted to have it out with God... Why did He make me go on this aweful trip? why didn't He do great things while we were there? so I sat there going over the weekend in my head trying to find something, anything that was remotly positive about the weekend.... and nothing came to mind. So right then and there I vowed to NEVER do anything with these kids again... by the end of the day I somehow understood what God did this weekend and that I would never not work with these kids.... I got home and had 3 calls from teens that were on that trip... the rest is history, but that is the trip where I found my passion, however hard it may be, this is what God made me to do....

No comments: