Sunday, March 27, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

o went to see Million Dollar Baby yesterday and it was GREAT. I did cry but I bet you did too if you have seen the movie. I am still trying to sort out my thoughts on it. It was very painful to watch parts of it; I felt so helpless....

Today was Easter, and I decided to be all sacrilegious and not go to church. Really I overslept and so I didn't go, but that is okay as I wasn't going to my church, and I ended up have a great family day here at the house. We did read the crucifixion and resurrection story from the Bible, and it wasn't like we treated it just like any other day, we just didn't go to church.... I think this is the first year in my whole life I haven't gone to church and just been busy doing all things religious on Easter. It was really nice, and I had time to think about Easter, and not just "play" Easter....I think that so much of the time we get caught up in doing the "church" thing or at least trying to be religious, that we forget WHY we do things. This year was a nice break from religion....

No comments: