Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Mark Matlock....

Mark was one of the speakers in Dallas that was high on my list.... He told a story about being the new guy in a church. He signed up to be a youth mentor and met with the kid once a week, did a lesson out of a book and went home... One night his phone rang a 2:30am and it was the kid he was mentoring.... The kid had gotten kick out of his house and was hanging out behind Albertson's... Mark said that he felt like calling the youth pastor and saying that he didn't sign up for 2:30 in the morning behind Albertson's; he signed up for once a week, doing a lesson from a book. Then he thought about what he was thinking.... If he didn't go show this kid love at 2:30am no one else would....

That really struck me. there are so many times that I feel like I can't go on. I find myself thnking "God, this isn't what I signed up for." but he always comes back telling me that if I don't show these kids His love no one else will...

Mark also said that Jesus has Called us to push the envelope on loving each other.... We have to love each other... sometimes that is the only way we can show people the love of God.

Wow there is so much info that came out of this... My head is still so full of info... more to come later....

No comments: