Thursday, November 04, 2004

Are you ready to die today...

Well, over the past few hours I have been thinking alot about what we as Christians need to be prepared to do.... When I first started thinking about this back in high school it was important to know if you would DIE for Jesus... I found this odd but then agian I found alot about Christians odd at that point... then at some point my thought process changed... maybe it wasn't all about die becaue you love Jesus, even though alot of people have.... maybe there was something more too it... I started with the word Christian... It means little Christ... so as Christians we should be like Christ.... Jesus didn't die for himself did He? Jesus died for people because he loved them.... SO instead of being willing to die for Jesus (who by the way doesn't need us to die for Him) shouldn't we be willing to die for people.... Shouldn't we love people so much that we would be willing to die if that would show them God? But now my thought process has turned yet again... Dying is easy, far easier than living most of the time.... there are alot of times that I would rather die than live.... maybe it isn't about losing our physical life, maybe it is about something more... Maybe to really show people God's love we don't have to die, but maybe we have to be willing to put our reputaion on the line.... Jesus did this.... He talked with a Samaritian woman at the well... What would people think? now this has been shown to me in real life recently... there have been people in my life that have put there reputaion aside to be there for me when I needed them... how will that look in my life.... I don't know just yet... but I do know that it won't look like me going around telling people that if someone was holding a gun to my head and told me to deny Jesus or die I would die.... I don't know that I would in all honesty.... I don't know that I will ever know for sure what I would do unless I was in that situation, but I do think I will stop caring so much about what people think and say about me , and start doing what God tells me, no matter what the personal cost may be...

No comments: