Saturday, November 06, 2004

Chips and soda....

Okay as promised a couple of days ago here are my thought on communion (the Lord's Supper, the Eucharist, ect.) so they used wine and unleaven bread, right? Why do you think that was? Was there something more holy about wine and bread? I think that the reason Jesus used wine and unleaven bread is because that is what the people of the day had... Jesus could have created any elements He wanted to perform this sacrament with but He chose to use something common... Now why do I think He chose to use something so common? I think that it has something to do with the fact that He said every time we drink the drink and eat the bead we are to remember Him... See back when Jesus was around it was nothing to have wine and bread with every meal.... So do you think that, maybe, just maybe Jesus knew what He was doing? Do you think that maybe He wanted people to remember Him more than the few times a year that the church decided to serve up wine (or grape juice) and bread (or crackers)? Do you think that maybe He wanted us to remember Him DAILY when we sat down to eat normal everyday foods, like chips and soda? Now I have gotten a lot of flack for this already so I am prepared... What would it mean if we changed the elements of communion? Is it sacrilegious? Is it okay? I know how I feel and I know that I chose to remember Jesus' sacrifice for me daily, not just when someone in my church decides it is a good idea...

No comments: